Saturday, August 15, 2009

The Black Cat discussion questions

1 discuss the significance of the following quote: the is something unselfish and self sacrificing loce of a brute, which goes directly to the heart of him who has had frequent occasion to test the paltry friendship and gossamer fidelity of man.

The animal has a way of winning your heart

2 What is the significance of the cats name, Pluto? He is discribing an aspect of himself through the cats name.

3 Why did the narrorator intintionally restrain himself from maltreating the cat while maltreating other animals. he has a degree of restraint until he gets drunk.

4 Why does he eventually mistreat the cat? he loses his restraint


5 Describe the narrators feelings after abusing the cat. He felt bad afterwords, he knows this isnt his true self

6 How does the narrator define perveseness. he discribes it as evil is mans domilate trait.

7 what is the significance of the following quote? hung it because I knew that it had loved me, and because I felt it had given me no reason of offense;because I knew that in doing so I was commiting a sin. He cant face his own shame

No comments:

Post a Comment