Thursday, October 22, 2009

lord of the flies vocab 1

Abyss- a deep imeasurable place EX The ship sank after being hit with a torpedo





articulate- to speak clearly EX: I could not understand the subject so I asked the teacher to articulate





bastion- part of a fort. EX The soldier took cover behind the bastion





blundered- a gross, stupid, careless mistake. Ex: Our new president has been discribed has being very blundered


Cascades- a waterfall that goes over a steep rockey surface. Ex: I stared at the cascades with wonder.

Compressed- to pack into a small space. Ex: I compressed the boxes so they would fit into the trash can.

contemptuosly- showing or expressing contempt Ex: The defendant contemptousley interupted the trial.

Contrite-remorse Ex I shot a deer without any contrite


Corpulent- fat , bulky Ex: Piggy is very corpulent.


Covert- secret Ex oo7 was sent on a covert mission into the heart of the soviet union

No comments:

Post a Comment